While trying to configure orbi devices with an orbi application, users might come across a situation when the orbi app fails to find and locate the nearby orbi devices. It can be due to several reasons like weak LTE networks, if the router is in AP mode, if mobile devices are connected to different internet networks etc. Here’s the procedure to troubleshoot all of these contributing factors so that the orbi application can easily detect nearby orbi devices.
Kindly, go through the following netgear orbi support steps if the orbi app is unable to find your nearby orbi and other mobile devices:
- Ensure that you are within the range of your Orbi router’s Wi-Fi internet network as well as properly connected to it. You can check the Wi-Fi signal strength and if the signal bars are found to be less, then try to reposition it within the network range.
- Check and ensure your netgear orbi router is not in Access Point mode. Kindly, go through the following steps to check the mode of Orbi router.
- Open the web browser on any of the internet supporting devices like computer or smart phone.
- Browse http://orbilogin.com by typing it as the URL in the searching field of your web browser.
- You will be directed to account login page. There click on the option to “Sign in.”
- Type in the orbi router’s admin account login credentials. The default users ID for Orbi will be as “admin” and the default password will be “password.” Both ID and password will remain in lowercase only. So while entering the credentials, make sure you type them in their actual case sensitive format only. The default ID password won’t be considered as valid if you have modified the default settings.
- After typing the login credentials click on “Login” button.
- Once you are logged in to Orbi router’s admin account. Locate the option for “Advanced” settings and click on it.
- The Advanced setting menu will opens up, there click on “Advanced Setup.”
- Under Advanced Setup click on “Router/ Access Point Mode.”
- There check if the Router is in access point mode. If the router is in access point mode, then disable the access point mode. You can also ask for orbi support if you find any difficulty while checking the mode of your orbi router.
- In case you are using Apple iOS or Android based mobile device, then kindly ensure their LTE connections have been disabled before connecting with the Wi-Fi of your router as well as before using the orbi application.
If you are an iPhone or iPad user, then kindly refer to the following steps for turning OFF the cellular/LTE connections.
- Locate the “Settings” icon on your iPhone or iPad and tap on it to access setting options.
- Under “Settings” click on “Cellular.”
- Turn OFF the switch for “Cellular Data.”
- Open the orbi application and check if now the app is able to find your nearby orbi and other mobile devices.
If you are using an Android Operating system based device, then you may refer to the following steps for turning OFF the LTE connections.
- Open the “Settings” menu of your Android device.
- Under Settings menu, locate the option for “Network and Internet” and click on it.
- Click on “Data Usage.”
- Under Data usage, locate the option for “Mobile data” and turn OFF the settings for using mobile data. Kindly, remember that these steps might vary according the brand and model of your Android operating system based device.
- Now, launch the orbi application and check if the app is able to find your nearby orbi devices.
So these were few troubleshooting steps that can be used if the orbi application fails to detect the nearby Orbi devices. The troubleshooting procedure is designed to simple and easy to execute. Still, if you are unable to go through any these listed steps then feel free to get in touch with orbi tech support team for instant help any time you want.