Many of the times users feel like returning or replacing their Orbi router and satellite whenever an issue or defect is detected. Users need to file a return material authorization request to return or get replacement for their orbi. If you are looking to create a return material authorization request (RMA), then here’s the complete RMA procedure for your help.
If you are facing any technical issues or there is a manufacturing defect in your Orbi, you can file an RMA to easily return or get a replacement for it. Most of the technical issues can be easily addressed with the help of orbi self help troubleshooting procedures. While in case, you suspect any technical defect with your Orbi you should get in touch with orbi tech support team confirm it. If the issue is not addressed or any manufacturing defect is detected, then the users should file a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request. It is advised to never ship the equipments without receiving the return authorization. For more details about RMA kindly refer to the information provided below:
Things that should not be included while shipping the RMA Orbi or its satellite:
- Users should not ship the accessories along with the RMA Orbi or satellite. It is because the accessories are non-replaceable. Netgear is not at responsible for offering a replacement accessory in any case. These accessories can be any of the power adaptors, wall mounts, stands, etc.
Procedure for shipping the RMA equipment:
- Users will have to pay the shipping charges for sending the returnable or replaceable equipment to the Netgear team. It is recommended to ship the equipment through a reliable courier service provider that offers a tracking ID to keep a track of shipped articles. The Netgear team will not at all be responsible if ever the shipped equipments are declared to be lost during the transit period. Thus, the user will be solely responsible for sending back the device to the Netgear team. After receiving the defected equipment the Netgear team will soon pack and dispatch its replacement through a reliable prepaid courier service. If in case the user wants to receive the replacement earlier then they can opt for expedited shipping service. Expedite shipping charges would be charged from user end and they will be a bit more than the regular shipping charges.
Procedure for checking the status of Return Material Authorization request:
- Open any of the web browsers on the internet supporting device and type the URL as “https://orbi-setup.com .”
- After typing the URL, press and release the enter key.
- The RMA status checking page will open up. There you will find a search box labeled as “Enter your RMA number below.” So, type in the RMA number in that blank space and click on “Check” button. It will show up the updated status of your RMA request.
Steps for creating a RMA request:
- Kindly, note down your registered contact number and the equipment’s serial number at a piece of paper.
- Locate the equipment purchasing proof and keep it aside where it can be easily accessed when required.
- Get in touch with any of the Netgear tech support persons by placing a call at “1-888-638-4327.” This contact number is valid only for people residing in North America. People residing in other regions can locate the corresponding contact number through netgear orbi support page.
- Once your call is connected to any of the tech support persons. The tech support person will check the hardware of your equipment to ensure if there is any technical defect and whether the RMA is required or not. In case the expert confirms the defect then you will be provided a RMA number. If in case a minor technical issue is detected within your orbi or satellite, then you can self troubleshoot the concern with the help of orbi self help guides available at the orbi support page.
- After receiving the RMA, you should pack the equipment securely. Once the equipment is packed, write down your name, address and RMA details on it and get it shipped to the warehouse address of Netgear. In case users want to receive the replacement equipment prior to the shipping of defected one, then they should share their credit card details as collateral. It is ensured that no user will be charged until or unless they fail to submit the defected equipment at the warehouse of netgear.