Users can setup Orbi router CBK40 and its satellite either by using netgear Orbi application as well as by using computer, tablet or mobile. Here’s the procedure to configure Orbi CBK40 through both of these methods. In order to ease the orbi setup, kindly refer to the complete procedure in the given format only.
Following are the steps to configure Orbi router CBK40 using Netgear Orbi application:
- Browse http://orbi-app.com from any of the web browsers on your computer or mobile device.
- Download and install the Netgear Orbi application.
- Open Orbi application and follow the on screen instructions being provided by it and the Orbi router and its satellite will be configured to working state.
Following are the orbi setup steps to configure Orbi router and satellite through a computer or an android mobile device.
- Gather all the account information related to the service provider of your Internet networks: User must know few details about their ISP account including account mobile related to it, user ID, passkey and the account number that is being used to access internet.
- Power OFF the connections for already available other router and modem devices: Now, as if you are going to configure new orbi router CBK40 so you will have to disconnect rest of the modem and router configured at your premises. Unplug all the wired connections to the existing router and modem and connect a new wire to that outlet for installing new Orbi router CBK40.
- Bring the coaxial cable cord and connect its one end to the coax connector available on the Orbi CBK40 cable router and plug in the another end to a cable outlet on the wall.
- Make the connections for power adaptor: Establish connection between power adaptor and the orbi cable router CBK40 and then connect that power adaptor to the working power outlet. The initial starting up might take up to one minute. Once the startup procedure is completed, you will notice that the power LED has started glowing steady blue in color.
- Wait for further 10 minutes till the Online LED light starts glowing steady blue in color. Also, check if your orbi router requires activation with your Internet service provider.
- Establish connectivity between your Orbi router and mobile/computer. Users can opt for a wired connection by using an Ethernet cable as well as can go for a wire free connection by using Wi-Fi for connectivity. For wired connection connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the computer/ mobile and plug in another end to the Orbi CBK40 router. For wireless connectivity, you can use the network ID and passkey provided on label available on your orbi CBK40 router.
- It is recommended to change the default password details to ensure the security of your CBK40 orbi router. Users may refer to the following steps to change the password details:
- Open any of the web browsers and type www.orbilogin.net as the URL. Users can also type 192.168.1.1 i.e. the IP address instead of URL for accessing the netgear orbi setup page.
- You will be directed to an Orbi login window. Type in the default user name and password for admin account and click on the “Submit” button.
- Once the account opens up, locate the “Advanced” settings menu and click on it. There set up new values for password and security questions.
- Get the internet service activated as per your ISP.
- Position the orbi router’s satellite at a place that is under the Wi-Fi range of your CBK40 Orbi router. After positioning the satellite, turn ON the power switch for it. The satellite will start syncing with the configured Orbi CBK40 cable router.
- Wait till the satellite completely syncs with the configured Orbi router. You will notice that the ring LED light on the satellite will keep on glowing white in color till it is trying to sync with the configured Orbi router. After this, the satellite’s ring might glow in any of the following listed colors up to 3 minutes and stop glowing after that.
- Steady Blue: If the LED starts glowing steady blue in color, then it means the satellite has successfully gone through the synchronization with orbi router. Apart from this, it also indicates that there is strong connectivity between orbi router and its satellite.
- Steady Amber: If the LED starts glowing steady amber in color, then it means the satellite has successfully gone through the synchronization with orbi router and the connection between them is fair.
- Steady magenta: If the LED glows magenta in color then it means that the satellite was unsuccessful to sync with cable orbi router. In this case try moving orbi satellite closer to the cable CBK40 orbi router and repeat the synchronization procedure.
In this way, users can configure their cable orbi router CBK40 and its satellite. Hope you find the entire procedure simple and easy to understand as well as execute. If you liked the information and wish to learn more, then kindly visit orbi support page any time you wish. There you can access information related to all orbi router models along with their setup and troubleshooting procedure.