Users can enable their Orbi wireless network for hosting a guest Wi-Fi network. It will allow multiple users to have a limited access to Orbi router’s Wi-Fi network whenever they are within the range of Orbi Wi-Fi. If you are trying to change the guest network setting of your Orbi wireless network, then kindly refer to the following setup procedure for changing the settings through insight mobile app.
Setting up a guest Wi-Fi network enables a user to allow limited network access right to many of their friends and family members. All allowed users will be able to access the guest wireless network only when they are within an adequate range of Orbi Wi-Fi. Users can alter the settings of guest network as well as increase and decrease the number of allowed users by changing the password and other connectivity details. At present, if you are looking to change the wireless guest network setting of your Orbi Pro Wi-Fi, then kindly refer to the following netgear orbi support procedure for complete support and guidance.
Steps for varying the guest wireless network settings of Orbi Pro Wi-Fi through insight application:
- Download and open the netgear insight mobile application.
- In case you have an insight pro account with an access to multiple organizations, then specify any particular organization.
- If you have already setup multiple locations in insight mobile application, then choose a particular location listed at the top of that viewing page. You will notice that a list of all connected devices under that network will show up.
- Click on Wireless network system of your Orbi pro router.
- Click on the option for “Wi-Fi Networks” to view the available wireless networks. The list of all Wi-Fi networks available under Orbi Pro network will show up.
- From the available list of Wi-Fi networks, select the wireless network whose settings need to be changed.
- If you wish to exclude that Wi-Fi network, then you can disable it by turning OFF the switch for it. You can easily locate the turn OFF option at the top of that netgear orbi setup screen.
- If ever you want to change the network ID or name, then locate the option for SSID and type in the new name in the space provided under it. Kindly, ensure that you type in the new name within 2 to 32 character count only. Other than this, the name should only be a combination of characters only no numeric digits are allowed. After assigning the name you can note it down somewhere for your ease to remember the network name.
- If you don’t want the network name to be shown to everyone, then click on the option to stop Broadcasting SSID. It will change the SSID settings to private. Similarly, if you wish to share the network name as available to everyone, then turn ON the setting for Broadcasting SSID.
- If you wish to limit the sign in session for all the allowed guests, then click in front of the option for “Time Stamp.” There specify a particular time duration till when the user should be kept logged in. User can specify any particular time duration as per their requirement.
- If you have setup a password for connecting to network, then all allowed guests must know the sign in password for accessing guest network. If ever you wish to change the password settings for the guest network, then kindly go through the following steps:
- Locate the option for “Auth” and click on the menu icon present in front of it.
- Under menu select the option for “Password Auth.”
- Locate the field labeled as password and type in the new password details. The password must have a minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 63 characters only. The password will be entered in the encrypted form and thus won’t be visible. If you wish to view the password details, then click on the eye like icon present in front of it. You can keep a note of password details to easily remember the password.
- Once, you gone through all the settings of guest Wi-Fi network, you can click on “Save” button to retain all the changes made.