One can remotely control all the features of their Orbi router using Nighthawk and Orbi App. For enabling the remote access the device must be properly connected with the internet network provided by Orbi router. The complete procedure for enabling the remote access to Orbi router through both these apps is provided below.
Turning on the remote access for Orbi router allows one to control all the features of Orbi router from anywhere. You can view the number of devices or users connected to the internet network of your Orbi router. As per the speed of internet network you can increase or decrease the number of users connected to the internet network. One can modify the privacy settings of your Orbi router by changing the Password for its connectivity. All the Settings related to Orbi router can be done remotely with the help of Nighthawk and Orbi App. Kindly refer to the following Orbi setup steps for enabling remote access through both of these apps.
Following are the steps for enabling remote access to Orbi router through Orbi app:
- Try to establish an internet connection on your mobile device by connecting it to the wireless network of Orbi router.
- Download and open the Orbi application.
- Sign in to your account using Netgear login credentials. In case, you do not have a netgear account get yourself registered with netgear.
- Type in the sign in credentials for opening the Orbi router’s setting menu. You must use admin login credentials and click on “Sign in” after entering the details.
- After the credentials are verified and found to be correct, you will be directed to the dashboard page of Orbi router.
- There, click on the icon for “Menu.” You can easily find this icon on the above left side of the dashboard.
- Go to “Settings” menu.
- Locate the option for “Remote Management” and click on it.
- You will find a slider option in front of Remote management. So swipe that slider to right for allowing remote access.
- Open the Orbi application and click on the option to “Connect with Remote Management.”
This will allow you to remotely manage your Orbi router from anywhere you want.
Following are the netgear orbi setup steps for turning on remote access to Orbi router through Nighthawk application:
- Try connecting the mobile device with the wireless internet network being offered by your Orbi router.
- Download and open the Nighthawk application.
- Type in the Admin login credentials for signing in to the Orbi router’s admin account. Type in the login credentials and click on “Sign in” button.
- Once you are logged in, you will be directed to the router’s dashboard page.
- On the dashboard locate the option for “Menu” and click on it. It might be present on the above left side of that page.
- After the Menu opens up, find the option for “Settings” and click on it.
- Under “Settings” menu, there will be an option for “Remote management.” So, click on it.
- You find that there is a slider option available in front of the option for “Remote management.” So, in order to turn on the remote access for Orbi router, you must swipe that slider to its right side.
Going through the above listed steps in the provided sequence will configure your Orbi for a remote access through Nighthawk application
Following both of these setup procedures will enable remote access to Orbi router. The procedure is designed quite simple and easy to be easily interpreted by all. Still, if your face any difficulty while following any of the steps, then visit netgear orbi support page. There you will find all the information about Orbi router along with various Orbi support procedures.