There are times when orbi app fails to locate nighthawk or Orbi wireless routers. It could be due to many of the reasons like if an Orbi router is set to an Access point mode, if the mobile device with orbi app is connected with Multiple Wi-Fi networks at a time, etc. The example of being connected to more than one network can be like if the device is using its own LTE network as well as the router’s wireless internet network at a same time. Being one of the orbi app users, if your orbi app is unable to find your orbi router then kindly refer to this given troubleshooting procedure.
Following are the troubleshooting steps that should be followed if in case the Orbi app fails to recognize an Orbi router:
- Users must check and ensure that they are connected with the wireless internet network being hosted by the orbi router.
- One should ensure that the orbi router being used is not configured to “Access Point” mode. Users may refer to the following steps for checking the access point setting of their orbi router:
- Browse the URL: http://orbilogin.com from any of the web browsers available on the mobile device.
- Users will be directed to the web setup page of Orbi. There click on the option for Login and type in the sign in credentials linked to your Orbi account.
- After submitting the credentials, sever will verify the account details and if the details are found to be correct then the users will be directed to the home page of their orbi account. The default user ID and password for Orbi account is “admin” and “password” respectively. Both default user ID and password remain in lower case alphabet format. The default password will only be applicable if no changes have been made to the default setup. Else, users will have to submit new user ID and password for accessing the account.
- Once the Orbi account opens up on the screen, locate the option for “Advanced” and tap on it for once.
- Within Advanced menu click on the option labeled as “Advanced Setup.”
- A list of advanced setup options will open up. So click on the option for “Router or Access Point mode.”
- Check if the AP mode is selected or enabled for your orbi router. If the Access Point Mode is active for your router, then deselect it to turn OFF the access point mode.
- After making the changes to Orbi router settings, users should click on the “Apply” button. This will save the changes and now the orbi app might easily locate your orbi router.
- In case of mobile device with android or iOS based operating system, users must ensure their LTE connectivity is disabled before trying to connect with the orbi router’s wireless network. Also, the mobile device must use the Orbi router’s Wi-Fi internet network while using the Orbi application then only the app will be able to locate the devices.
In case the LTE connection of iOS based device is ON, then users may refer to the following steps for disabling LTE settings:
- Open the “Settings” menu of your iOS based mobile device.
- Click on the option for “cellular.”
- Swap the slider for “Cellular data” to OFF state.
- Now try to launch the orbi app and you will notice that now the app can discover your orbi router.
In case the LTE connection of android based mobile device is ON, then users may refer to the following steps for disabling LTE settings:
- Go to the “Settings” menu of your Android device.
- A list of setting options will show up. So, click on the option for “Network and internet” available under the settings menu.
- Locate the option for “Data Usage” and click on it.
- Go to “Mobile Data” and turn OFF the switch available in front of it.
- This will disable the LTE settings for Orbi app and now the orbi app will be able to locate your router and other devices. The setup procedure almost remains to be same. Still, slight setup variations might be encountered due to different making models and brands of an android mobile device.
So these were few troubleshooting steps that a user can follow in case the orbi app is unable to locate the orbi router. Hope you find the entire troubleshooting procedure helpful. For more such information always keep in touch with Arlo support page.