Fios refers to collective Internet, telecommunication and television services which are designed to operate though an optical fiber network. In order to configure an Orbi network system for working Fios, one must ensure their Orbi is behaving as an access point. The entire steps for this configuration provided in the procedure mentioned below.
An Orbi router must be setup to an access point mode for configuring Orbi Wi-Fi network system to work with Fios. So, check whether your Orbi is in access point mode or not. In case, it is not in access point mode, then kindly refer to the following setup steps.
- Disable the wireless network being offered by Verizon Fios.
- Configure the Orbi router to behave as an access point.
The detailed netgear orbi setup procedure for disabling Verizon Fios Wi-Fi network is provided below:
- Open an updated web browser on any of the personal computer, laptop or mobile device that is receiving adequate internet signal strength from Verizon Fios router.
- Type in “192. 168. 1. 1” as the URL for your web browser and click on “Go” or press “Enter.”
- After submitting the URL, you will be directed to the “Sign in” page.
- Type in the username and password details in the blank fields provided for them and click on “Submit.”
- Once the sign in credentials are verified, the hope page will open up. There, locate the option for “Wireless Settings” and click on it.
- Under “Wireless Settings” find the option for “Basic Security Settings” and click on it.
- There you will find an option to turn ON and OFF the wireless settings. So, click on the button to turn OFF the Wi-Fi.
- Now, scroll down till the bottom of this page and click on “Apply” to retain the changes.
This will turn OFF the Wi-Fi network settings of Verizon Fios. After this you can proceed to following procedure for allowing the Orbi router to behave as an access point.
Procedure for turning on the Orbi router to access point mode:
- Connect the Orbi router to Verizon Fios router using an Ethernet cable cord. Plug the one end of Ethernet cable cord in the Internet port of Orbi and another end in the LAN port of Verizon Fios router.
- Open the web browser on any of the internet supporting devices that is receiving adequate Internet signal from Orbi router. The device can be a computers, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, etc.
- Type orbilogin.com as the URL in the search space of your web browser.
- You will be directed to login page. There type in the user ID and password details for Orbi router. If your Orbi is all new and you haven’t changed its default settings, then you should use the default ID password for logging in. The default ID for your Orbi will be “admin” and password will be as “password.” Both the ID and password will be entered in lower-case only.
- Once, you are logged in at the orbi setup page, click on the option for “Advanced” and look for “Advanced Setup” under it. After, you find the option for “Advanced Setup,” click on it.
- Under “Advanced Setup” locate the option for “Orbi Router” and click on it.
- At the router settings page, there will be an option for “access point” mode. So, click inside the Check box available in front of “Access Point” to enable this mode.
- After this, specify the IP settings that you wish to enable for your Orbi. You can opt for any of the two IP settings i.e. static IP or dynamic IP.
- Static IP address: If you opt for static IP, then you will have to assign the IP address manually till the Orbi is in access point mode.
- Dynamic IP address: If you opt for dynamic IP, then the Verizon Fios router will automatically keep on assigning IP to your Orbi till it is in access point mode.
In order to avoid IP conflicts, it is recommended to use different setup for all other routers.
- Once you have gone through all the steps, click on the option to “Apply.” This will retain all the changes you have made till now.
After clicking on “Apply,” the IP settings of Orbi router will be changed due to which you might experience interruption in connectivity. So, in that case you should try to re-establish the connectivity, close and again launch the web browser for accessing Orbi login page. Although, the procedure is quite simple still, if you face any problem then kindly visit netgear orbi support page for advanced help options.