You can set up the Orbi CBK40 router and satellite on a home network with the help of computer or smartphone. The primary requirements are ISP details and app for Orbi router must be installed on the smartphone. If you want to go through the detailed steps, Read the guide given on Orbi support page.
There are two ways to setup the orbi router setup either via Orbi app or via computer and mobile device.
If you want to setup and activate through Netgear Orbi app then:
- Go to orbi.com from Android or iOS device.
- Download the Orbi app and follow on-screen instructions to activate the router and satellite.
Steps to setup Orbi Cable router and satellite with computer and mobile device are:
- Get information about your internet service provider. The details include account, phone number, username, and password.
- Disconnect or unplug all the existing modems or router if you are going to use a new modem router on the home network.
- You can use coaxial cable to connect the router to the power supply.
- Connect the power adapter to the Orbi router and plug one end of it to the power source.
- Wait till the power LED turns solid blue. It generally takes 2-3 minutes.
- Wait till the online LED on the front panel turns blue. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- Now, connect the Orbi router to the computer or mobile device with the help of Ethernet cable or wirelessly. You can use an Ethernet cable to connect the router to the computer.
- Use Wi-Fi provided username and password to connect the router to the wireless internet. Click to ‘Connect’.
- Login to the router page and change the administrator password. This is recommended to secure the router online.
- Open a web browser and enter Orbilogin.net or IP address in the address field of the browser. You will be prompted to enter ‘Admin’ in the username and ‘Password’ in the admin password field.
- Open ‘Advanced’ page and go to ‘Change password’. Here, you will have to enter the ‘security questions’.
Activating the internet service
To know more about ‘Activating the internet service’, you can click on the link which says, ‘Activate internet service with computer or mobile’.
- Place Orbi satellite: Place the router within the Wi-Fi range and turn it on. The Orbi satellite will now sync with the cable modem router.
- Wait till the sync gets finished: When the sync process gets finished, you will find the different color combination on the LED rings around. The different color LEDs may lit for 2-3 minutes.
- Activate internet service from a computer or mobile device: To activate the internet services, the following information must be in your hand. Only after this, you can start self-activation.
- Internet service provider information.
- Router model number which is CBR40.
- A serial number of your cable modem.
- Mac Address of your Orbi router and satellite.
You can now, visit the ISP website and check the instructions given over there. All the steps related to activating the service are mentioned there.
To check the internet speed on your computer, you can visit the speed test link provided by the ISP. All the speed details like Uploading, downloading and Browsing speed will be displayed on the screen.