It is important to download and install the VPN software on windows based device through which the VPN connections will be enabled for router. So, if you are planning to enable VPN for Orbi using windows computer then, ensure the computer has VPN software installed on it. After this open the software and refer to the following complete procedure for turning on VPN services.
Users might face problem while enabling VPN services on their Orbi through a windows based computer. So, to address the concern here’s the complete procedure to anble VPN services through windows computer. Prior to the actual VPN enabling procedure it is quite important to have VPN software installed on that corresponding computer. In order to have the VPN software on your computer and enable VPN kindly, go through the steps listed below.
Orbi setup steps for turning ON VPN services for Orbi router:
- Open any web browser on your mobile device which is receiving adequate internet signals from your Orbi router.
- Type orbilogin.com as the URL in the search space provided with web browser. After typing the URL click on “Go” or press “Enter” key from the device keyboard.
- You will be directed to Orbi login page. There type in the sign details for logging into Orbi router’s admin account. If you haven’t made any changes to the original settings of your Orbi, then you can use its default IP password for logging into admin account. The default ID password will be “password” and ID will be “admin.” Both the user ID and password must be entered in lower as they are case-sensitive.
- Once you are logged in, click on the option for “Advanced.”
- Go to “Advanced Setup” and locate the option for “VPN services” under it.
- Click on the option for “VPN services.” The VPN services page will open up.
- Click inside the checkbox in front of the option to “Enable VPN services.”
- After tick marking the checkbox, click on the “Apply” button.
- Tap on button for “For Windows” to enable the downloading of VPN software file.
- Type https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/ as URL to view the page for downloading open VPN software.
- Locate the “Windows Installing” section on that page. Under that double-click on the link for “Open VPN-install-xxx-exe” software file.
- Click on “Next” to move further. In case, you face any problem during the process then feel free to get in touch with orbi tech support phone number persons for instant help and support.
- Now, you will come across a prompt that will contain a detailed “License Agreement.” So, read the agreement completely and click on the option for “I agree.”
- Tick-mark all the available check boxes and click on “Next” button.
- Locate the folder for saving the file. Click on the option for “Browse” and specify the folder location where you wish to save the downloaded file. The security window will open up.
- Click on the option to “Install.”
- An “Installation Progress” window will open up and will remain open till the installation is complete.
- After the installation is complete, a “final installation” window will show up. There locate the button for “Finish” and click on it to confirm that the installation is complete.
- Click on the Download file and Un-Zip it by extracting the files to the folder location where you installed the VPN client on your computer.
- In case of windows computer with 64-bit operating system, the VPN client files will be by default saved and installed at “C:\Programfiles\OpenVPN\config\”
- For windows based client device you can change the Interface name as “NETGEAR-VPN.” In order to change the name kindly, refer to the following steps:
Visit the “Network page” on the windows based computer. In case of windows 10 operating system, click on the option for “Control Panel.” Go to “Network & Sharing center,” locate the “Change adapter settings” menu and click on it.
- Locate “TAP-windows Adaptor” as device name under the list of local area connections.
- Choose the connection and click on to change the name as “NETGEAR-VPN.” If you forget to change the name of VPN interface, then your VPN tunnel connection might get disconnected.
Now, after you have gone through all the above listed steps, the VPN services will be enabled. Hope you find all the steps simple and easy to execute. For more such information, kindly visit orbi support page.