If you have bought an Orbi directly from the Verizon Company then you will have to set it up in accordance with existing Fios equipments. The setup will include several steps and all need to be followed carefully. Here we have a step by step procedure to setup orbi so kindly go through the following steps to make it operational.
The orbi setup will only work after you have fully disconnected from Verizon Fios network and done the orbi setup along with all WiFi settings. Disconnecting from Verizon Fios and setting up an Orbi might seem to be difficult but here we have simplified procedure for it. You can yourself easily go through and setup the orbi by following the procedure provided below:
- Disconnect from Verizon wireless internet network: If you posses a Fios router then go through the “First set of procedure” and if you possess a Fios Quantum Gateway then kindly go through the “Second set of procedure.”
- First set of procedure:
- Open the web browser in any of the devices that are connected with Verizon Fios router.
- Type in the URL as: “192.168.1.1.”
- Log in to account by typing in the admin user ID and password.
Click on Quick Links available at the left of viewing screen.
- Highlight the option to “Change Wireless Settings” and click on it.
- Now, turn “OFF” the slider in front of Wireless option and the Fios router will shut down.
- Second set of Procedure:
- Open the “My Fios application” on any of your internet enabled devices.
- Locate the option for Internet.
- Go to “My Networks” and tap on the label for “Enabled.”
- There click on “OFF” for privately enabled wireless network.
- Netgear Orbi Setup:
- Power cycle the Fios router by plugging out the power cord for a minimum of 10 seconds and then plugging in.
- Establish a connection between orbi router and Verizon Fios router by plugging in the one end of Ethernet cable to internet port behind orbi and another end with the LAN port of Verizon.
- Plug in the Orbi router to a power outlet and turn “On” the switch for it. Wait for the LED behind your router to glow green. If it glows green then it means it is connected well with internet.
- Orbi satellite setup: Plug in the orbi satellite to a power outlet and turn on the power for it. Now, wait for the orbi light to sync well with orbi router. Soon as it will be synced the LED light on orbi satellite will glow white and will later on start blinking white.
- Download and install orbi app:
- Search for orbi app in any of your android or iOS based devices.
- Once you find it click on it the download the app.
- After the app has been installed open it and go to the option for “New System Setup.”
- There tap on create WiFi network.
- Assign a name and password to WiFi and click on “Next.”
- At the login page of orbi generate a new password for admin.
- Steps to do orbi setup in access point mode:
- Visit orbilogin.com from any of the web browser on device having internet connectivity.
- The device must be receiving the internet from Orbi wireless network only.
- Sign in to Orbi account by typing in your admin password.
- Go to “Advanced” menu and click on “Advanced setup.”
- There you will find an option for Route and AP mode so click in the check box available in front of access point (AP) mode.
- Now, tap on “Apply” to save the changes made.
Once you are done with all these steps your orbi will reboot and after rebooting it will be available for use. Although the procedure was quite simple still in case of concerns please visit netgear orbi support page.