Setting up of an Orbi router as an access point will potentially offer you more internet network coverage. So at present if you are looking to enhance the performance of your internet network then setting up of an Orbi Setup as an access point will help you a lot. Just go through few simple steps listed under and your orbi will be all set as access point.
There are few pre-requisites that need to be gathered before going through the setup procedure for Orbi as an access point. The very first requirement is the presence of a strong Internet connection. Other than an internet connection following is the list of requirements:
- Digital Subscriber Line i.e. the presence of cable service
- Pre-existing router or gateway service
- An Ethernet wire
- Orbi router to act like an access point
- Tablet, mobile or any other device cable of supporting wireless internet network
Once, you have all these pre-requisites you can go for setting up of an Orbi router to behave like an access point.
Following are the netgear orbi support steps for converting Orbi to an access point:
- Take the Ethernet wire and connect its one end with the Internet port available on Orbi router. Plug in another end of Ethernet wire to the LAN port present on your pre-existing router.
- Open any of the available web browsers present on your computer or any other mobile device which is capable of supporting Orbi Wi-Fi network. Type in the URL as http://orbilogin.com and press enter or click on the option for “Go.”
- Soon the obri login page will open up and will be asked to sign in to your account.
- So type in the network ID and password for your Orbi router and submit the details by clicking on “Sign in” button. If your Orbi router is all new and you haven’t made any changes to its default setting till yet then you will be able to login by using its default user ID and password. The default user ID and password will be as “admin” and “password” respectively. Kindly remember that you type in the sign in credentials in the given format only it is because the credentials are case-sensitive in nature. A mismatch situation can occur if ever you enter any uppercase letter in place of lower case or vice versa and thus will not allow you to sign in to your account.
- After the sign in credentials are submitted and verified your Orbi account will open up and you will be directed to its home page.
- Once you are at the home page of your Orbi account click on the option for “ADVANCED.” Under that you will find an option for “Advanced Settings” so click on it.
- Under advanced settings click on the option labeled as “” There you will find the option for “AP Mode.” Here “AP” stands Access Point so click on it to enable access point mode.
- After this click on “Apply” button to save the changes made.
Now, if you have performed all the steps correctly your orbi would have been setup as an access point. Hope you find the steps simple, easy and precise. Still, in case you face any issue while going through this setup procedure then kindly reach out to orbi tech support team for advanced help. If ever you find it helpful and are looking for more such procedures then always visit netgear orbi setup page for all kinds of orbi setup procedures.