when you have gone through all the above listed steps, a bridge will be created for VLAN tag group using Orbi Wi-Fi if you reside in Malaysia. Hope you find it helpful, for more such information kindly visit orbi support page.
Do you wish to create a bridge for VLAN tag group using the wireless network of Orbi? If yes, then here the complete setup procedure to help you in creating a bridge for VLAN tag group for using Orbi Wi-Fi in Malaysia. Prior to the configuration of a bridge for VLAN tag group users must check and ensure their orbi router’s firmware is up to date.
People who reside in Malaysia and use the internet services being offered by Unifi or Maxis will have to configure a bridge for VLAN tag group for using the Wi-Fi of Orbi router. After this, users can refer to the following procedure for setting up bridge for VLAN tag group using the wireless network of Orbi. Before proceeding towards the actual setup procedure, users must ensure the firmware version of their netgear orbi setup is 184.108.40.206 or higher.
In case the users are not sure about the firmware details of their Orbi, then they can go through the following steps to check if there’s any update available or not.
- Establish internet connectivity on any of your mobile devices using the Wi-Fi network of your router.
- Download and open the orbi application.
- Login to the router’s admin account by typing in the password details for your router’s admin account.
- After typing the sign in credentials click on “Sign In” button.
- Once the credentials are verified, the admin account will open up.
- Locate the “menu” icon available at the upper left side and click on it.
- Click on “Settings” and open the “Router Settings” under it.
- Move down through the list and click on “Check for Updates.”
- Now, if the firmware of your router is already updated, then you will see a message saying “Your router already has a new firmware. Else, the “Update Firmware” button will show up on the screen.
- In order to update the firmware, you should click on “Update Firmware” button and go through the instructions being offered by the on-screen guide. You can also ask for netgear orbi support if you find any difficulty while checking or updating the firmware of Orbi.
Once the firmware of orbi is confirmed to be updated, you can go through the following steps for setting up bridge for VLAN tag group:
- Open the web browser on any of the mobile devices that is receiving internet connectivity through Orbi Wi-Fi.
- In the search field of browser, type in the URL as orbilogin.com and click on “Search” or “Go.”
- You will be directed to a “login” page.
- Type in the router Username and password details for connecting. The default username will be as “admin” and the password details will be as “password.” Both the username and password will be in lowercase. So to avoid login issues, kindly ensure that you type in the credentials in their actual format only.
- After the credentials are verified by the server and found to be correct, you will be directed to its basic home page.
- At the home page, locate the option for “Advanced” and click on it.
- There click on the option for “Advanced Setup” and locate the Virtual LAN/ Bridge settings under it.
- Once you find the settings menu for Virtual LAN/ Bridge, just click on it.
- Click inside the check box labeled as “Enable VLAN/ Bridge Group” and the page will be expanded.
- Select the option labeled as “By VLAN tag group” by clicking on its radio button. The page will be enlarged soon after clicking.
- Now, click on button labeled as “Add” and the rules page for Add VLAN will open up.
- There you need to specify the settings as follows:
- If you are using Unifi as your internet service provider, then type the value for internet VLAN ID as “500.” Type “0” under column labeled as “Internet VLAN Priority.” For “IP TV VLAN ID (Astro) type “600.” Type “0” for “IP TV VLAN Priority.
- If you are using Maxi as your internet service provider, then type the value for internet VLAN ID as “621.” Type “0” under column labeled as “Internet VLAN Priority.” For “IP TV VLAN ID (Astro) type “823.” Type “0” for “IP TV VLAN Priority.
- Locate the “Add” button and click on it. It will add the VLAN tag group.
- After the VLAN tag group is added, click on the “Apply” or “Save” button to retain the changes made till now.