Users need to have an insight account as well as insight location if they wish to add their Orbi router setup to insight app. If you have an insight account but haven’t setup an insight location for it then here’s the complete procedure to offer guidance while creating an insight network location.
Creating an insight location connects multiple devices that can work simultaneously and can be managed using a common password in insight application. If users want to use multiple devices at multiple locations then they will have to create multiple insight network locations against each physical location from where they wish to access their devices. At present if you are looking to create an insight network location for adding your Orbi router to insight application, then kindly go through the following procedure.
Users can create this network location by two ways i.e. through insight mobile application and through the cloud portal of insight.
Steps for creating network location for insight through insight mobile application:
- Ensure that you have an active insight account. In case, you don’t have an insight account then kindly visit orbi support or insight support page to access the procedure for creating a new insight account.
- Once you have an active insight account, download and open the insight application. Sign in to the app using your insight account.
- Once you are logged in to the insight application, locate the “Menu” icon and click on it. The Menu can be easily located at the top center of the page.
- Under Menu click on the option to “Create New Network Location.”
- You will be directed to another page where you will be asked to assign a name to your Network Location. So, for assigning the name you may type in any combination of alphabets and numbers in the blank field provided for “Network Location Name.” Kindly ensure that the name being assigned has a minimum length of 3 and the maximum length of 24. No special characters are allowed only combination of characters and numbers is allowed. In case, you wish to create more than a single network location for insight, then the names assigned must be descriptive in nature to ensure they can be easily recognized.
- Now, set a “Device Admin Password” that will be used for accessing that network location of insight. Here, setting up a Device Admin Password will change the admin password for all the devices available under insight network location. The character length for password is defined to be in between 6-20 characters only.
- Choose your country and select the time zone for network location of insight and click on “Next.”
- You will come across a pop up window displaying the message “Password changes made to devices already exists on network.” Here, click on the “OK” button for this pop up window and the new network location for insight will be created. In order to confirm the creation of network location you may view the insight network new location at the “Networks” page available under “Menu.”
Steps to create insight network location for adding orbi setup through the cloud portal of insight:
- Kindly ensure you are a premium subscriber of insight then only you will be able to create network location through cloud portal.
- Open the Insight Cloud Portal.
- Locate the “Network Menu” and click on it. It will show up the list of all existing network locations under it. If all network locations are not visible then click on the option to “See all Network Locations.”
- At the top of network locations list, click on plus (+) like icon for creating a new location.
- Type in the name for your Network Location by entering a combination of alphabets and numbers whose length remains in between 3-24 characters. In case, of multiple network locations the names must be descriptive in nature so that one can easily differentiate between them.
- Create a Device Admin Password for creating a common password for all the devices available under the Network Location. The password length should be in between 6-20 characters.
- Allocate the street address along with city and state information of the insight network location.
- Choose your country and select the time zone for network location of insight.
- Add an image for sharing the glimpse of your network location. You may click on “Choose and File” button and then browse the image location. After locating the image click on “Upload” to set an image for Network Location.
- Click on the “Save” button and the new network location will be created for insight.
So these were two ways through which users can create insight network location for adding their orbi router and other smart devices to insight application. Hope the entire procedure proved to be helpful to you. For more such helpful information, kindly visit netgear orbi support page.