Configuring the guest network for your Orbi Wi-Fi will help all the visitors to easily connect with Wi-Fi without submitting its network ID and passkey. Setting up a guest network offers three key benefits i.e. enhanced network security & privacy, connectivity convenience and controlled network data usage. All of these benefits have been briefly discussed as follows:
- Enhanced network security & privacy: Deploying a guest network helps in dividing the network in a way that facilitates user to implement controlled access to their internet network, storage devices, servers and printers.
- Connectivity convenience: The length of passphrase for connecting to guest network is comparatively short that ease the authentication process for connectivity. The short character length key is more susceptible to be hacked. So, to avoid hacking or brute force attack it is recommended to keep on changing the passphrase at a certain fixed interval of time.
- Controlled network data usage: Guest network allows users to offer restricted internet resources to all the guests connecting to their network. The guest network is restricted in a way that offers great access without compromising with the performance of your internet network.
Presently, if you to wish to configure the guest network for your orbi router setup, then kindly refer to the following procedure.
Steps for setting up the guest network for an orbi Wi-Fi:
- Open the computer or mobile device and launch any of the web browsers available on it. Ensure the mobile device or computer being used is connected to the Wi-Fi network of your Orbi.
- Enter http://orbilogin.com as the URL in the search field of your web browser.
- An orbi login page will open up. So, locate the orbi “login” button and click on it.
- Type in the sign in credentials i.e. the user ID and password for connecting to your Orbi Wi-Fi. The default login ID is “admin” and password remains blank. The password value may exist in case a password was set by you at the time of your router’s initial setup. Kindly, remember that the login credentials are case sensitive. So, users must ensure the credentials are entered in their defined case sensitive format only.
- After the credentials are verified users will be directed to the home page.
- Locate the option labeled as “Guest Network” and click on it.
- The Guest network settings page will open up. Click inside the check box labeled as “Enable Guest Network.” Users may ask for orbi tech support in case they face issue while going through the setup procedure
- Let the check box for “Enable SSID Broadcast” remain selected. Setting up the SSID to broadcast mode will make it easy for users to locate the wireless internet network and connect to it. In case, the check box for “Enable SSID Broadcast” is left unchecked then the network SSID remain hidden and user won’t be able to easily locate it.
- In case you wish to vary the network ID, then enter any combination of alphabets in front of the field labeled as “Guest Wireless Network Name.”
- If you wish to configure the guest network for allowing users to connect with it for using internet connectivity only, then clear the check box labeled as “Allow users to view each other as well as access the local network.” This will allow guests to access internet connectivity only. No other devices connected under your guest network will be accessible to the guests. These devices can be printers, computers, etc.
- Choose any the security options.
- In case you opt for a WPA2-PSK [AES] or WPA-PSK [TKIP] +WPA2-PSK [AES] security type, then you will have to type in a new password in space provide for it.
- After setting up the password, click on the “Apply” button. This will save all the changes you have made till now.That’s all, now an Orbi Guest network will be configured and you can start using it to allow varies guests to connect with it. Hope the entire procedure was quite simple and easy to implement. If you wish to have more such information, then always keep in touch with orbi support page. For advanced help options users can also call on orbi technical support number. Your call will be answered by any of the dedicated orbi experts so that the issue gets resolved without consuming much of the users valuable time.