Daisy chain is a kind of network topology that defines the way all the network devices are connected to each other. Depending upon the speed of wireless network your Orbi might use either the star topology or daisy chain topology. If you wish to confirm whether your Orbi is using daisy chain topology, then here’s the complete procedure to verify the same along with the steps to disable it.
Orbi router is capable of supporting both the star as well as daisy chain topology. The router uses the topology that offers best network connectivity. In order to enable daisy chain topology, the Orbi satellite must be located within the range of wireless network of your Orbi router. Daisy chain topology offers flexible positioning of Orbi satellite. You will have to login to the Orbi web based setup page to check if the router is using daisy chain network topology or not. Here’s the entire procedure to check whether the daisy chain network topology is being used or not.
Steps for checking the Orbi router’s network topology:
- Open an updated internet web browser on a device that is capable of supporting wireless internet connection being offered by Orbi router.
- Type the URL as http://orbilogin.com and press the “Enter” key or click on go.
- You will be directed to the “sign in” page for netgear orbi setup.
- Type in your account sign in credentials. The default User name will be “admin” and password would remain blank. In case, you have assigned any password, then you will have to use if for signing into your Orbi account.
- Soon as you will submit the sign in credentials the server will verify them and direct you the home page of account if the credentials are found to be correct.
- Locate the option for “Attached Devices” on the home page and click on it.
- The Attached Devices page will open up. Check if the Orbi satellite is showing the machine address of another satellite under the field labeled as “Connected Orbi.”
If the satellites machine address is showing under field labeled as “Connected Orbi,” then it means your router is using daisy chain topology for network connectivity.
In case, you wish to use star topology instead of daisy chain, then you can disable the setting for daisy chain topology. Following are the orbi support steps to disable it.
- Open an internet web browser on any of the devices that is capable of supporting Wi-Fi internet network being provided by Orbi router.
- Type http://orbilogin.com as the URL and press the “Enter” key or click on the option for “Go.”
- After submitting the URL you will be directed to the “sign in” page for logging in to your Orbi account.
- There, correctly type in your account Login in credentials. The default User name will be “admin” and password field can be left blank if you haven’t set a password yet. In case, you have assigned any password, then you will have to use if for signing into your Orbi account. Kindly, ensure that you enter the sign in credentials in their prescribed format only. It is because both the ID and password are case sensitive and can lead to login error in case of any discrepancy.
- After you submit the login in credentials the server will go through the verification process. You will be directed to the home page of your Orbi account only if the submitted credentials are found to be correct.
- Once your account opens up, locate the option for “Advanced” and click on it.
- Under advanced settings find the option for “Wireless” settings and click on it.
- Within Wireless Settings, you will find a check-box labeled as “Enable Daisy-Chain Topology. If this check box is enabled, then click inside the checkbox to uncheck it. This will disable the Daisy Chain Topology.
9. After this click on “Apply” to retain the changes made with the settings of your Orbi.