It is possible to configure orbi Wi-Fi router even without an Orbi application. Users can browse www.orbilogin.com from any of their web browsers and setup their orbi router satellite even if they do not have an orbi application. For complete orbi setup without orbi application, users may refer to the following procedure.
The Orbi router’s web setup page makes it possible for users to configure their orbi router even without an orbi application. At present, users who do not have the orbi application and are looking for an alternate method to setup their orbi may refer to the following procedure for configuring their orbi router.
Steps for doing orbi router setup without the use of an orbi application:
- Disconnect the modem from all of its connecting wires. Leave it unplugged and remove the backup battery for replacing it.
- After replacing the battery of modem, plug in back all of its connecting wires.
- Take out the Ether cable you received with the installation kit and plug in its one end to the yellow colored internet port of an Orbi router. Plug in another end of Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of your modem.
- Connect the power cord of your Orbi router to any of the working power outlets at your premises. Turn On the power switch for that power outlet and check if the power LED has started glowing or not. In case the power LED of your orbi did not glow, then press down the power button ON and OFF for once and check if the power LED starts glowing.
- Wait and watch till the ring LED light of your orbi router glows steady white and then starts blinking white in color.
- Position the Orbi satellite at the place that is the center point of the house to facilitate maximum coverage throughout the house.
- Make the necessary connections for orbi satellite setup and connect it to a working power outlet. Check if the power LED light behind the orbi satellite starts glowing. If the power LED light of the satellite did not glow then press and release the power button to ON/OFF for once.
- Wait and watch till the ring LED light of your orbi satellite glows steady white and then starts blinking white in color followed by blinking magenta in color. The ring LED light of orbi satellite blinks magenta for a minute when it tries to synchronize with an orbi router.
- After blinking magenta in color, the ring LED light of Orbi satellite glows in any of the following colors for a minimum of 10 seconds and then stops glowing.
- Steady Blue color: If the ring LED light of satellite glows steady blue in color, then it means the Orbi router and its satellite are in good connection with each other.
- Steady Magenta color: The glowing of Orbi satellite’s ring LED light in steady magenta color indicates that the Orbi satellite is unable to connect with an orbi router. In this case, try to bring your orbi satellite close towards the orbi router. If the ring LED light still continues to glow magenta in color, then press and release the sync button on your orbi router and satellite as well.
- Steady Amber color: If the ring LED light of orbi satellite glows steady amber in color, then it means the orbi router and satellite are in fair connection with each other. So, try to place your orbi satellite somewhat nearer to the orbi router.
- If you wish to have a wired connectivity, then connect the one end of Ethernet cable to the Orbi router or satellite and connect another end to the Ethernet port of computer or mobile. Users can connect their computer or mobiles to the router wirelessly as well. To establish a wireless connectivity, users must have the network ID and passkey to connect with the orbi router. The default network ID and password details of orbi router can be found on the label present on it.
- Browse http://orbilogin.com from any of the compatible web browsers on your computer/mobile device or tablet. After browsing the URL, go through the instructions being provided by the on screen guide to completely configure your orbi router and satellite.
You will notice that the ring LED light of your orbi router will turn OFF after it has been successfully configured. This was all, how users can configure their orbi router and satellite without the help of an orbi application. Hope you find the entire setup procedure simple, easy and helpful. If in case, you find any of these steps difficult to understand or execute, then feel free to get in touch with orbi setup team for advanced help options.